Friday, February 24, 2012

House Tour: Guest Bedroom -- Before & After

Hmm...what to say about an extra bedroom. I think the best thing to say is that I'm grateful to have one! We tend to have a few overnight guests here and there. Grandmas, friends, wayward travelers...you know the deal. Anyhow, in our last house we gave up the extra bedroom in our downsizing efforts and instead had a dedicated office. I missed that spare room alot. I bet our guests missed it even more because where did they sleep? Yep, that dedicated office. For awhile I had a daybed in the study and it worked okay, I guess. But, not ideal. So, gaining back the guest bedroom was wonderful. Even if it is nowhere near guest ready. Why is that? Because I've decided it works much better as a room to collect all of the stuff that I'm not ready to hang on the walls yet. It's like one big decorating closet. But, I'm working on that (maybe I'll explain more later). 

This room was another simple redo. (Easy for me to say since my role in the whole shebang is to pick finishes and paint colors.) There was a very cute sports-themed mural gracing the walls which led Mr. Riley to believe this was his future room for a long, long time. Poor guy. It was not his future room and the fun mural is no more. Sorry, sports fans. The color we chose ended up maybe being my favorite in the entire house and I'm actually thinking about using it in our master bathroom. We will see...
The details:
Walls: Sherwin Williams Fawn Brindle
Trim: Sherwin Williams Dover White
Ceiling Fan: Lowes



*BEFORE*


See, he really loved it. Mean mom, I am.



*AFTER*

Please overlook the weird sun glare on the wall. Oh, and the not-yet-replaced electrical outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line!